Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Now Read This!

It's only appropriate that the very first post in this blog is about reading. A few years ago, I woke up to discover that my heretofore razor-sharp, LASIK-enhanced vision had gone a bit fuzzy whenever I tried to read. One big gulp later, I was standing in the aisle of my local drugstore perusing a selection of reading glasses that, stylistically, left a lot to be desired.

I fled to a nearby optical boutique and purchased a lovely pair of Prada frames that cost a small fortune and got fitted for a pair of low-magnification lenses. Vision restored, this would have been the end of the story except that more often than not, those Prada reading glasses were always somewhere where I wasn't when I needed them. If I needed them at the office, my reading glasses were inevitably at home. If I was in the car, the reading glasses were in the office. If I was in the living room, the reading glasses were in the bedroom. Purchasing multiple pairs of those chic Prada frames just wasn't financially practical. I relented and purchased a small handful of those well-priced but stylistically tragic drugstore readers and strategically deposited them throughout the dimly-lit reading nooks of my life.
Many pairs of reading glasses later I discovered the fantastic A. J. Morgan collection of readers. Stylish, creative, colorful and very well-priced at between $20 and $30. Frankly, I own as many pairs from their Women's collection as from the Men's. If you've got to wear reading glasses, have fun with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment